Trapani - Sicilia - Italia
It was built in 1671 by order of the Captain General of the Kingdom of Sicily Claude Lamoral, Prince de Ligne (Belgium) during the Spanish domination of Sicily, on the rocks that form the continuation of the narrow strip of land of the ancient city, formerly called "Pietra Palazzo" (Stone Palace). It was built to defend the city from the incursions of the Barbary pirates. In 1806 it was made feasible the passage that connected with the land. Up to 1861 the guns were installed on the roof. During World War II it was used by the Navy as an anti-aircraft post.